Call us! 704-545-2000
Background Shadow
Shadow Bottom
  • HVAC Products
  • image
  • image


Should I Be Concerned About Carbon Monoxide in My Home?
Thursday, March 17, 2016
Carbon Monoxide Detector

When it comes to home safety and prevention we’ve all heard a lot about carbon monoxide lately. Is it a real threat to your home? Should you be concerned about carbon monoxide in your home? Here’s the information you need:

What Is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon monoxide is a gas that is odorless and colorless. It's formed when fuels such as natural gas and carbon are not completely burned. It is toxic and can be deadly. If carbon monoxide is in the air and is breathed in, it displaces the oxygen in the blood resulting in oxygen deprivation to the heart, brain, and vital organs. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include dizziness, weakness, headache, chest pain, confusion, and vomiting, and it can lead to death.

Carbon Monoxide Safety and Prevention

Carbon monoxide release into a home is very rare, and only about 5% of cases are from home heating systems. That being said, there are some important yet simple ways to ensure you’re safe from carbon monoxide in your home:

  • Install a battery-operated carbon monoxide detector in your home, if there isn’t one already installed. Test it and change the batteries every time you change the batteries in your smoke detectors.
  • Make sure your heating system is installed correctly with proper ventilation by a certified and licensed HVAC technician.
  • Have your heating system serviced every year to inspect it for any leaks or malfunctions to prevent carbon monoxide from getting into your home.

It's important to be aware of any dangers or risks you have as a homeowner, including the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. The good news is that it's rare, and it's preventable with the right precautionary action and due diligence. For all the information you need on safety and prevention when it comes to your heating and cooling system, talk to the experts at All City Heat and Air by calling 704-545-2000 today, or schedule your appointment today.

<< Back
Image 1

It turned out that our painting contractor put a nail through one of the AC lines in our walls and caused a Puron leak. Ernie was able to find the leak and fixed our problem at no charge to us even though it was not his fault and it took him considerable time and effort. His persistence and patience were amazing. This was the most impressive contractor experience that I have ever had.

read more
Customer Review Box Arrow
Ross B.